In this week’s episode, Johnny, James, and Zack talk about what we feel our purpose is when making. To learn, to teach, and more, this is a fun one!
What are we working on?
- Zack: Chairs
- Johnny: Published “Modern Maple and Steel Coffee Table Part 1”
- James: Dresser and router planes
Show Topic: What’s Your Purpose In Making?
- Johnny: To push myself, to learn every day, to teach others it’s possible to make stuff yourself with no formal training.
- James: FUN!!!!!
Q & A:
Evan Dunville : Can i buy a cheap-o spray gun and use my small compressor to spray finishes? what is the easiest to spray finish (best to start with) ?
Matt : My question would be how much does one actually need to account for fluctuations in wood size due to changes in humidity and whatnot to prevent cracking. What steps need to be taken to prevent damage?
Joke of the Week:
What do you call a piece of wood with nothing to do?
Board. (Bored) 😂
What’s new/what are we watching/reading?
- Johnny: Grand Tour : http://amzn.to/2oIatBZ
- James: The Three-Body Problem : http://amzn.to/2oCFHNy
- Zack: The Skills of a Blacksmith: v.1: Mastering the Fundamentals of Blacksmithing
Favorite tool/product this week?
- Zack: DEWALT Jigsaw : http://amzn.to/2nauIuB
- Johnny: Pheer PH-454 Belt grinder : http://bit.ly/pheer
- James: Bow Sander https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUJ-JnGp-Rs
Jeff Jewitt’s Great Wood Finishes : http://amzn.to/2naCvZy